The weekend before last I took the boys to the zoo and met up with Whitney, Claire, Max, Heather, and Mara. We went to see the farm animals at the zoo and Brody loved the bull! We had a picnic lunch too...the kids are comparing their lunch loot. At the end, I took the boys and sat in the Bee Hive play area with Heather and Mara for about a half hour or so. As a parent of a toddler quickly approaching 3 that goes to a daycare with cousins and his Omi, it was an amazing half hour that I got to witness Brody playing so well with the only other little girl in there. The little girl was with her grandpa, whom she called "Papa" too. Her name was Riley and it wasn't until the very end as we were leaving that I found out she was 4. She was such a peanut, about the size of Claire, so that surprised me. Brody and Riley played together, talked together, made up games together. It was so cute! It makes me think that he'll do just fine making friends come Kindergarten:) The little girl liked babies almost as much as Claire & Max love Maverick & Mara, so cute!
Claire does not like the cows, but Brody loves them and Max was brave and ventured over to see the big bull too!
Funny story: I'm not 100% sure if I'm getting the story right, but it went something like this...Yesterday we were at the farm and Papa took Brody out in the tractor to "check on cattle". After awhile in the tractor looking at the cows and such, Brody asks Papa, "When we gonna check on cattle?". And so Papa explained that "cattle" were the same as "cows". "OHHHHHHHHH", light bulb moment for Brody. A little while later they came back in the house and Brody says to me, "cows are cattle".Thanks Brody, thanks for clearing that up for me.
A nice reminder that little kids are learning a ton of new things everyday, the hundreds of questions that they ask all day long are often legitimate questions. It would have never occurred to me that he had not yet connected that cows are the same as cattle.


No comments:
Post a Comment