Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Maverick is 4 Months

Maverick turned 4 months on September 30 and had his 4 month check up yesterday morning.  He got an oral vaccine and 4 shots.  After the oral vaccine and 2 of the shots he was a little less than trilled, but the minute I picked him up he was fine.  Little stinker loves to be held.  I really like his doctor, he's so easy to talk to and never makes you feel rushed!  He's complimented me on Maverick's name every time I've seen him and this time the nurse complimented his name and the security worker girl at Target did too last night!
On to his stats: He's 26" long (75-90%), 14# 2.5oz (25-50%), and his head is 17" (75%).  He's longer and leaner than Brody was at 4 months, but the doctor told me (and even wrote down on his sheet) that he's doing "excellent".  I probably will wait on solids until 6 months because it's a pain and I don't need to go there right now.
 Working on rolling over so that he can watch the football game.  He sure finds the TV fascinating!

 There's nothing more relaxing than a baby that falls asleep in your arms!
 Our visit to Target last night while we had a showing at home.  Phish Food ice cream, a blast from the past!  Even Maverick was eying the ice cream (although always the look of concern from him).

Maverick is rolling from back to front and front to back now.  He doesn't seem to roll a ton though since I seem to remember Brody rolling across the floor.  He likes tummy time, especially when I put a mirror in front of him.  His big brother encourages him to do tummy time and it's pretty cute!  He loves it when you sing to him or if you play music.  It calms him down and it gets him to fall asleep.  He sings back sometimes too and I just love his little voice!  Usually I sing "You Are My Sunshine" since my list of songs is quite limited.  He has a couple of giraffe toys that he likes to hold onto and eat too.  The little bugger isn't the best sleeper at night, but it could be worse.  There are those nights he goes to sleep at 8:30pm, wakes up to eat around 4am, and then goes back to sleep until 6am or so. Those are the good nights that I try to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment