There goes our very scary lion, roar! Omi and Papa gave the kiddos a nice big bath towel for Christmas. Brody loves to get all warm and snuggly in his lion towel after bath time now.
Cindy made Brody a sauna towel for Christmas. It velcros at the waist so it doesn't fall off. It has to be the cutest half towel for a toddler that I've ever seen!
It's been a rough day today for Brody for some unknown reason. Maybe he slept on the wrong side of the crib? As if that's possible the way this kid sleeps like a tornado. Today consisted of many time-outs (including 2 in Target). He always takes them so willingly, it's the weirdest thing. And he always gives a hug and says "sorry" to us when he's done. When asked, "are you going to say sorry or do you need a time out" he oddly usually responds "out". This means he's opting for a time out, after which he knows he'll say sorry anyway. Kids, right?! Today also consisted of a lot of crying, a lot of tears, many tantrums, and way too much whining. There were a few moments of happiness...the 5 minutes where he was helping make cookies and sampling a fresh baked chocolate chocolate chip cookie that daddy made. And now shortly before bath time, jammie time, bed time he is happily eating tuna hotdish with a fork AND a spoon and he's on his side dish of pickle number 3.
What in the world did I sit around doing when I didn't have someone either whining in my ear or saying "hi mommy, hi mommy, hi mommy, hi mommy"?! I have to say that of the many things I'm thankful for, I am especially thankful that Brody is such an amazing sleeper! Bedtime is never any trouble and nap time is rarely any trouble. He's flexible and sleeps like a rock. He loves getting tucked in with his moo-cow and snuggles up to his pillow with his eyes closed before I even close the door. Usually (not this weekend for some reason) he sleeps in on the weekend. Maybe he knows his daddy is home or maybe it's because I'm not awake getting ready for work and making noise for an hour before I wake him up anyway at 6:45 to walk out the door. It's anyone's guess, but I sure hope that baby Park will be equally as wonderful in the sleep department. It sure would make sharing a room with Brody that much easier!
Other updates: Brody says more and more everyday. Most things are now at least a two word sentence. He turns 2 shortly, how times flies! We painted his room blue and I love the calming color. It's not a baby blue, more of a steel type blue and I think it'll coordinate well with the combo baby's sea life theme and the new Brody's airplane theme!
No comments:
Post a Comment