We're in the middle of Christmas time, with one more gift opening extravaganza and family day left to come this Saturday. Brody (& Maverick) have been very lucky in the gift department this year. I have many pictures to post later, but I just wanted to remember a moment when I was tucking Brody into bed Christmas Day. I tucked him in and he turned to me and said, "thank you for all of the presents mommy." Melt my heart! We had opened presents just our little family of 4 on the previous Friday, he opened presents from the Parks on Sunday, and got 2 small Santa presents that morning and a couple small Santa presents from my parents. It was an unprompted thank you a long time (in toddler time) removed from the present opening and for that reason, I knew it was genuine!
And just to even out the sweetness, the very next morning Brody got up and wondered if Santa had visited in the night again.....nice try buddy!
Can't fault a guy for trying!
ReplyDelete