 |
| Loading up our stuff at our old house. |
 |
| Arriving at the new place to unload. It took a 17' moving truck and a cattle trailer (plus other trucks and vans full of stuff). |
 |
| GG watches Mav & Mara so that the other adults can help. |
 |
| Lunch break. |
 |
| Mav tests out the new gate that Heather installed. |
 |
| Maverick is pleased with the new playhouse. |
 |
| Brody & Mav enjoy the playhouse. |
Saturday, June 1 was moving day! It was a big success. I had no idea our 1500 sq ft house held such a large volume of stuff. We started loading up our stuff at 8am and it took less than 2 hours of load time. Then we headed to Lonsdale for lunch and unloading. Thank you to everyone that helped in some way! Everyone has their own strengths in helping and it was amazing to see them all come together to make it go smoothly. GG helped with the kids and brought some food along for the crew. Sue helped with lots of loading/unloading and then distracting (corralling) Brody. Julie helped load/unload and also helped with Brody, she is also good with taking things apart, including the heaviest desk ever. My mom is great with pulling together odds and ends like moving out our kitchen, she's also great on helping get settled by making beds, getting people fed (bringing food), and getting the important things like the kitchen and boys room set up. The guys (Barry, Steve, my dad, Sean, Josh) are great at heavy lifting, stacking and strapping the loads, and getting furniture and a swingset set up. Heather can keep up with the guys as a power house and is great at the details that I am not, like loading up all of my pictures, protecting the carpet from tennis shoe tracks, and more. Cindy had a great hand in helping load and unload and this was after driving 5 hours in the morning first. Sean helped set up the living room and I really like the result. Josh ensured the safe packing of my TVs. My dad made sure the swingset was set up and safe. Steve helped get our satellite hooked up to save us from taking 5 hours off of work. I hope I didn't forget anyone, but I wanted to thank my crew for all of their help and hard work, all of the things you did were noticed and appreciated even if I didn't mention them all! They say many hands make light work, I'm not sure we'd all agree with that, but at least many hands saved my sanity.
We have lots of boxes yet to be unpacked or organized, but the upstairs is very livable and we're very excited about our new place! Barry went back to our old place to take out carpet last night. I hope all goes well for our renters when they arrive.
Brody loves playing outside in the yard on the swingset, playhouse, and sandbox. He has a tough time deciding if he wants to play in the backyard or go to the park across the street.
No comments:
Post a Comment