Sunday, March 11, 2012

Big Boy

 We're not even close to having a potty trained boy, but Brody sure does want to go "poopy on potty"!  We're just at the stage where he remembers usually after he already goes in his diaper that he wants to be a big boy.  Perhaps 4 months from now when I'm on leave he'll be just as excited about actually training.
Brody can also climb out of his crib, but for some great and amazing reason he really doesn't do it unless we've come to get him already.  I'm thankful for this because I'm not confident he'd have great landings in a pitch black room.  He's really such a great sleeper and happy to go to bed so I think this is part of why he's not taking advantage of being able to climb out.  I'll try not to push our luck too far though, so soon enough we'll put him in a regular bed and save his crib for baby brother.
At night we read books on the couch for about 20 minutes.  He'll go from bouncing off the walls to complete calm and just sit there enjoying the time reading books.  After we're done he turns into a complete blob of jello ready to be picked up and put in bed.  It would be the cutest thing if it weren't for the fact that picking up 29 pounds of dead weight is quite annoying at 6 or so months pregnant at the end of the day.  I still find it cute though, especially when he asks me to tuck in "bu-po" (moo-cow) and his "tootsie toes" (feet) after I lay him down.

 Granted he's eating oatmeal in this picture, but lately Brody loves cereal with milk in the morning.  He has been surprisingly good at eating it too and rarely spills any of the milk.  If he has any of my genes in him, this is an essential skill.  Cold cereal is my favorite meal/snacks ever.

 He loves helping.  As you can see by the toddler sized finger trails in the BBQ sauce, Brody's version of helping is probably best kept for meals that we're not sharing with company!

Brody is getting excited to go visit GG in Arizona.  He packs his tractor in his diaper bag and is ready to go.  I found a pair of toddler sized headphones (max 75dB volume) with the softest blue ear padding.  Hopefully on the airplane he'll be occupied by watching a few videos (while sparing fellow passengers the annoyance of listening to Elmo or "driving my tractor down the bumpy road" songs), for every 15 minutes of an occupied Brody means 15 additional minutes of travel sanity!
Today Brody took his first flight with Barry and me (he's flown commercial to Mexico, but this was the first time Barry piloted for him).  I have lots of pictures that I'll add this week.  The best part was after landing when Brody exclaimed, "no fall out, no door open".  Translation: we didn't fall out of the airplane because daddy latched the door shut before take off.  Hilarious the little stuff he picked up on!

1 comment:

  1. In Photo #1 Brody is saying "PLEASE leave me alone. I'm concentrating on pooping.

    ReplyDelete